Do You Need To Seek Compensation For Medical Malpractice? We Can Help.
Most medical professionals are well-trained, careful in how they do their work and ethical in their behavior. Unfortunately, this isn’t universally true. Each year, an untold number of patients in Georgia suffer serious harm or even death due to physician and hospital malpractice.
Our attorneys at Athens Injury Law have been advocating for injury victims in Georgia since 2003, and we have nearly 50 years of combined legal experience. While our firm does not directly represent clients in medical malpractice litigation, we have developed a network of colleagues who practice in this area, and we would be happy to provide a referral to one of these excellent lawyers.
When Is Bad Medical Result Considered Malpractice?
Despite what you may have heard, not every bad outcome is evidence of malpractice. Even when doctors do everything right, patients may still suffer injuries or death. Instead, medical malpractice occurs when a provider violates their duty and harms a patient by violating the expected standard of care. They act in a manner that a reasonable physician would not have done under the same circumstances.
Examples Of Medical Malpractice
Common types of medical malpractice include:
- Surgical errors (operating on the wrong body part, leaving instruments in the body, etc.)
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose serious conditions like heart attack, stroke and cancer
- Birth injuries
- Medication errors (administering the wrong drug or the wrong dosage)
- Prescription errors (prescribing a drug that dangerously interacts with other drugs)
- Failure to monitor patients during critical periods
- Anesthesia errors
- Failure to order diagnostic tests or misinterpretation of results
- Failure to treat or improper treatment
Cases alleging medical malpractice are complex, and you may not know whether you have an actionable claim. Thankfully, you don’t need to know before seeking help. We can refer you to an attorney who will carefully examine the details of your case and explain your legal options during a free initial consultation.
Let Us Guide You On Your Legal Journey
Athens Injury Law has been a trusted resource for the injured in Georgia for the past two decades. Even when we cannot take your case directly, we are happy to help you find an attorney who can. To get started, call our Athens office at 706-940-7889 or submit an online contact form.